Conference Workshops and Presentations
The NYSPCC provides direct services to New York City’s vulnerable children and families and to child welfare professionals to help them manage the stressors of working in the child protective field. In so doing, The NYSPCC evaluates program outcomes as well as obstacles, and documents these results which then serve as a learning source for other service providers.
The NYSPCC’s staff members are considered experts in the area of child protection and, consequently, are in high demand as presenters and trainers at professional conferences. The NYSPCC’ staff presented lectures, workshops, and trainings to over 640 professionals at the following national, regional, and state conferences:
- Katheryn Lotsos, LCSW presented Working with Difficult Clients, Regulating Emotions at the Supervised Visitation Network’s regional conference in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Katheryn Lotsos, LCSW presented Managing Supervised Visitation Staff Members at the Supervised Visitation Network’s regional conference in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Mary L. Pulido, Ph.D. presented Managing Institutional Secondary Traumatic Stress at the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Mary L. Pulido, Ph.D. presented Evaluating Crisis Debriefing Following Child Fatality and other Workplace Trauma at the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children’s national conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Mary L. Pulido, Ph.D. presented Preliminary Findings: A Rigorous Evaluation of a Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Workshop at the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children’s national conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Katheryn Lotsos, LCSW and Brenda A. Tully, LCSW presented Affect and Its Effects: Helping Children and Parents Regulate their Emotions During Supervised Visitation at Prevent Child Abuse New York’s conference in Albany, New York.
- Mary L. Pulido, Ph.D., presented Managing Secondary Stress- A Special Training for Front-line Responders to Child Abuse” to the National District Attorneys Association’s conference in Sterling, Virginia.
- Katheryn Lotsos, LCSW and Brenda A. Tully, LCSW presented Leading a Team: How to Foster Hope and Build Resilience to the Supervised Visitation Network’s conference in Toronto, Ontario.