The NYSPCC Programs
- Positive Parenting Plus (PP+) - is a therapeutic supervised visitation program allowing children to visit their non-custodial parents in a safe, supportive environment and promotes healthy parenting through parent coaching, parenting skills education and guidance.
- Trauma Recovery Program - helps children recover from enduring physical and/or sexual abuse, family violence or parental substance abuse and/or mental illness by providing mental health services.
- Safe Touches: Personal Safety Training for Children - provides child sexual abuse prevention workshops designed for children in grades K-3.
- Crisis Debriefing Services - provides resiliency restoration training to the New York City Administration for Children's Services and child welfare agencies to help staff after traumatic events occur, such as child fatalities, violence in the field against a staff member or after handling horrific cases of child physical and sexual abuse.
- Professional Education Program - provides education for professionals in identifying and reporting child abuse and neglect and advocating for legislative action that protects children and strengthens families.
- The NYSPCC Training Institute - provides training and education to child welfare professionals, teachers, the corporate sector, community organizations and parent groups. Topics include: best practice models of service provision, child abuse prevention and child safety. For a list of current topics, please click here.
- Sentencing Alternatives for Family Education (S.A.F.E.) in conjunction with the Kings County (Brooklyn) District Attorney, provides a multi-day training and education program as an alternative to criminal adjudication for parents who are charged with their leaving their children unattended at home or in public.